Thursday, February 4, 2010

2010 Show Schedule

Just in case you would like to see my work in person, and you are not going to be in Montpelier, VT anytime in the near future, you can also see my work at the following locations and times:

Paradise City Marlbourgh, MA, March 19-21
CraftBoston, Seaport World Trade Center, April 9-11
Paradise City Philadelphia, April 30 - May 2

After the Philly show I plan on spending the summer working on a piece that will win the ArtPrize in Grand Rapids, MI - September 22 to October 10. First place is $250,000 so I'll need to put a little effort into this one. I figure, if my goal is to be able to make a living making art, winning the ArtPrize would be a good start. I've been thinking about the project ever since meeting a couple from Grand Rapids over the summer who talked about what a great event last year's inaugural event was. After five months I've just about got it all worked out -- there is just one scenario that I'm worried about, if John Brickels somehow finds out about and enters the event, I'll probably have to settle for second place, otherwise, the cash is as good as mine. Prior to taking my winning piece to Michigan, you will be able to see it in the Vermont State House from when ever I finish it (sometime in August?) to mid-September.

No comments:

Post a Comment